Wear your cross on National Cross Day
– Thursday 26th September 2019!
Do you have a cross? Perhaps in your jewellery box or tucked away in a drawer?
Make sure you wear it on National Cross Day!
Why a National Cross Day?
There are millions of Christians in the United Kingdom. Where you work. On the train or bus. Where you volunteer. Where you socialise. But – do you know who they are?
For too long, grassroots Christians have been invisible. Yes, there are the people you see on Sunday mornings – but at other times?
National Cross Day enables you to find Christians everywhere!
What do I have to do?
- Wear your cross on National Cross Day, 26th September (including at work if that’s allowed)
- Round your neck. On a lapel. Pinned on your shirt. Anywhere other Christians can easily recognise you – and you can recognise them.
- Then talk to them. Make new friends. Build new Christian networks!
That’s the idea. Very simple. You CAN do it!
What if I haven’t got a cross?
- Buy one at your local jewellery shop (and so help support a local business too!). Many Christian bookshops also sell crosses you can wear.
- Buy one online, perhaps at a Christian gift shop or The Christian Gift Company
- If you have the time and skills, you could make one of your own!
What else can I do?
National Cross Day is on 26th September so there are things you can do straightaway.
- Tell your Christian friends about National Cross Day!
- Get on social media and help make National Cross Day go viral!
- Tell your vicar, minister or pastor. Ask them to talk about National Cross Day.
- Tell every member of your home group or similar fellowship group – both now and the day before, so they don’t forget!
Help make National Cross Day a success. Remember this is a grassroots initiative: its success depends on you. You CAN make all the difference!